You’ve landed on my original (soon to be legacy) Before You Repair page. The new site is up and running with interactive galleries and videos! There's no need to change your bookmarks; I'll be transfering my domain thebeamguy.com in the near future. In the meantime, please go to my
updated Before You Repair page.
You can also head to my new
Before You Repair
Below are some of the questions that should be put to a bidding contractor before you proceed with any roof beam repairs:
- How will your proposed repair prevent moisture (condensation, rainwater, wind-driven rain) from causing rot damage in the future?
- Will your proposed repair, in any way, compromise the structural integrity of my roof?
- Have engineering and building department requirements been considered in your proposed repair?
- Will your proposed repair conform to the architectural guidelines set forth by my homeowners' association?
- How much experience do you have in the specialty of roof beam restoration?
And, as always, before hiring any contractor for any work, follow these 10 tips: